If you’re anything like me, a cardio routine may seem like the bane of your existence! Do you really have to jog every day for an hour to burn the fat off your body? And is running on a treadmill for an extended period of time a good way to increase your cardio fitness?
If you’re convinced that the questions above are true, then you need to read this article right now! The truth is that there’s a lot of bad information out there and it’s up to you to learn the real cardio routines that work so you don’t waste all your time.
When you hop on the treadmill and jog for an hour or so while watching the TV or reading a book, you are actually doing very little for your body. If your goals are to burn fat and increase your cardio fitness level, then your cardio routine needs to reflect that!
The only way you’ll be able to get the results you want and reach your goals is by working hard and being disciplined during your workouts. If you want to get results out of your exercises, then you need to know something about how your body responds to jogging.
After jogging on a treadmill or elliptical for awhile, your body will start to burn fat calories because all the available carbs will be burned up. At this point, you are training your body that it needs to store fat so it will have the energy to keep jogging for extended periods of time. This is not what you are going for!
Instead of jogging for so long at a moderate pace, change up your cardio routine to be a bit more intense. So quit running for an hour each session, and instead start sprinting as hard as you can for 20 minutes or so. If you can’t do it the first time, don’t worry. You have to start somewhere. But when you start working harder and smarter, you will start to see much better results from your cardio workouts.
Not only that, but you’ll be shortening your workouts from 60 minutes to 20 minutes, giving you an extra 40 minutes of free time! You can use this time to run some errands, or if you want to speed up your fat burning, use it to lift some free weights and build some muscle on your frame.
By lifting weights in conjunction with sprinting, you will be burning a ton more calories, plus you’ll be raising your metabolism, which will make your body burn calories all day long, even while you’re resting. So make some small changes in your cardio routine today, and start reaping the results of a more intense workout!
To lose weight fast you need to learn the strategies that work with your body and keep you healthy NOT go on fad diets or waste money on diet pills.
Article from articlesbase.com
Find More Cardio Routine Articles
Learn the most powerful cardio workout that will help you lose weight fast and get ripped. Did you enjoy the “High Intensity Cardio for Fast Weight Loss Part 2″ video? For the web’s best Six Pack ABS Workout & Excercise Videos visit www.sixpackfactory.com for everything you need to get ripped! Home fitness, Peter carvell designed this workout
- Boring Cardio Routine Getting You Down? Try This ... Is your boring cardio routine getting you down? Most of these routines are so monotonous that we end up stopping doing them literally within a...
- Weight Loss Cardio Workout Weight Loss Cardio Workout – 3 Reasons Why you Need to Use Interval Training Have you ever been able to successfully use a weight loss...
- How Often Should I Change My Exercise Routine? At the time, I was reading articles and advice from top experts saying that it was absolutely crucial to change up your exercise routine at...
- Cardio Workouts That Don’t ... There are a million ways to do cardio. One can run, use various different gym machines, or even bodyweight calisthenics. Sometimes, though, the best cardio...
- Cardio Workout Plans Can Be…Fun? ake a look at the word “workout”. The word “workout” is simply a compound word, meaning it’s made up of two smaller words – “work”...
Click on a Star to Rate this Post: