There are a million ways to do cardio. One can run, use various different gym machines, or even bodyweight calisthenics. Sometimes, though, the best cardio workouts don’t even involve cardio. Huh? How is that? Simple – cardiovascular benefits are simply had and achieved through other activities.
For example, say you are doing strength training workouts (which you should be doing anyway, regardless of your cardio workouts). Do a real heavy set of a compound exercise. (A compound exercise is one that uses more than one set of joints. Curls wouldn’t be a compound movement – they’d be an isolation movement. However, exercses like presses, rows, squats, etc. would be compound movements.) Anyway, do a real heavy set of a compound exercise. You’re breathing hard, aren’t you? Darn right you are. And this is all you need to achieve benefits similar to doing specific cardio workouts – to get yourself breathing hard.
So, you do a set of a compound exercise, and now you’re breathing hard. Instead of letting yourself rest completely, hit it back with your next set before you get back to breathing normally again. Keep that up for your entire workout. I guarantee you’re getting a cardio workout while you do your strength work. Now you’re getting double benefits. Supersets – coupling two strength training exercises together with no rest between – are another way to achieve even better results.
Want to ramp it up even more? Then go directly to circuit training. This is a style of workout where you do sets of many (say 5-8) different exercises all in a row with no rest in between. Now, it’s easy to sluff through this kind of training, so make sure you keep working hard, and keep your training loads (i.e. – weights) heavy. If you don’t, then the cardio aspect of your workout plans will be lacking – simply because you don’t have to work hard. And if you’re not working hard, you’re not getting in better shape.
For cardio workouts and that don’t need gyms, machines, or make you run a single step, check out workingclasscardioworkout.com.
Find More Cardio Workout Articles
Related Items from Amazon.com:
Fire up your metabolism with TV’s top trainer, Jillian Michaels, and lose big with her fierce formula that adds strength and ab moves to dynamic cardio for increased fat loss. This 40-minute circuit workout blasts your heart rate with challenging intervals to turn up the burn and peel off the pounds. Whether you’re just getting started or ready for a hardcore workout, this program will ignite your metabolism and incinerate fat to reveal a ripped, lean body! Fire up your metabolism with TV’s top trainer, Jillian Michaels, and lose big with her fierce formula that adds strength and ab moves to dynamic cardio for increased fat loss. This 40-minute circuit workout blasts your heart rate with challenging intervals to turn up the burn and peel off the pounds. Whether you’re just getting started or ready for a hardcore workout, this program will ignite your metabolism and incinerate fat to reveal a ripped, lean body!
List Price: $ 14.98
Price: $ 4.00
- Cardio Workout Plans Can Be…Fun? ake a look at the word “workout”. The word “workout” is simply a compound word, meaning it’s made up of two smaller words – “work”...
- Weight Loss Cardio Workout Weight Loss Cardio Workout – 3 Reasons Why you Need to Use Interval Training Have you ever been able to successfully use a weight loss...
- Is Your Cardio Routine the Reason You’re Not ... If you’re anything like me, a cardio routine may seem like the bane of your existence! Do you really have to jog every day for...
- Boring Cardio Routine Getting You Down? Try This ... Is your boring cardio routine getting you down? Most of these routines are so monotonous that we end up stopping doing them literally within a...
- How Often Should I Change My Exercise Routine? At the time, I was reading articles and advice from top experts saying that it was absolutely crucial to change up your exercise routine at...
Click on a Star to Rate this Post: